Saturday, July 2, 2011

Barco de Ávila





Kristin and I went to the pueblo of our intercambio (language exchange partner) two weeks ago, which is in the charming mountainous, river town of Barco de Ávila two and a half hours by bus to the north west of Madrid. It was the perfect weekend getaway. We stayed with Isabel's family, who has two houses, so we had our own house just for the girls! It was an absolutely beautiful town. There is a river that runs through the province and with the mountains all around, the scenery was a very welcome change from the city. We were pampered Spanish family style, which means we were fed and cared for and not expected to do anything, no matter how hard we tried. Ben and I got back from Portugal yesterday, I will update you all on that later because I am leaving with krisitin to go to Ciudad Real in two hours to have some more quality Spanish family time aka doing nothing and eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment