Thursday, November 4, 2010

singing in the rain







Spain seems to be the land of puentes! (for you non-spanish speakers a puente is a holiday). Last weekend we had a puente on Monday and didn't have classes. This week there is one on Tuesday so we don't have class on Tuesday OR on Monday. Last weekend I went to San Sebastian as I am sure I have already mentioned. I FELL IN LOVE! As you can see in the pictures it is a beautiful beach town. It felt fresh, and made me never want to leave. We also went to Bilbao to see the Guggenheim. It was one of the neatest museums I have been to. You can see we went on Halloween-- we are rocking the lumberjack look in front of the museum.

I can't wait to travel to more cities on the water! Luckily I am going to Lisbon this weekend, so I will get to again!!!!!!!

I am going to be couch surfing in Lisbon. I am REALLY excited. I think it is going to be a great experience and I will start to get a feel for what it's all about. Good-golly Spain is great isn't it?

Ok it really is, but here are some things about Spain that may be...not so great or at the very least interesting. There are LOTS of dogs here in Madrid. One thing all dogs have in common is.... THEY POOP. One thing all dog owners don't have in common is that....THEY DON'T PICK UP THEIR DOG'S POOP! Seriously there is dog poop everywhere. You always have to keep an eye to the ground to ensure you don't get a foot full.

Also Madrid is a city of dumpster divers. No joke. Almost every garbage I walk by, there will be someone looking in it, opening it to look in it, taking things out, or closing it. These are not homeless people or hippies. It's everyone! Maybe Spaniards are very serious about the "reuse" part of "reduce, reuse, recycle"...

Time here is moving extremely quickly. I have already been here 9 weeks! I think it will be June before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment