This past weekend Kp and I went to Paris. It was very cold, but it was beautiful. Since we were only there for a few days, we barely saw everything there was to see, but we did see a lot. We mostly just walked around, so I will have to go back someday to go INTO all the museums, etc. It is a stunning city. I loved walking through the streets, seeing the people and the monuments. Here is what we saw/did : Arch de Triomphe, Louvre (didn't go in), Champs Élysées, Sacre Coeur, Eiffel tower, Notre Damn, and various neighborhoods. Because I know you are all very smart, I am not going to tell you which picture is what.
We couchsufed and stayed with an Algerian man, who moved to France 6 years ago, and is now planning on going to Canada to live and work, if he decides he likes it after he visits. He was a very, very nice man, but, as is normal, we made a mess of things!
We were supposed to meet him WAY before 7pm but we ended up getting lost for 3 hours looking for his apt. which was in the suburbs of Paris. He kept telling us to look for a Carrefour, a supermarket chain, which we couldn't see anywhere. We kept stopping and asking people. I got to terrorize friendly French people with my REALLY bad French. It was great! (and I do mean friendly French people, they were soooo helpful!)
He told us after the 5th call that he needed to go to work that night because he had been called in, so we were now feeling very guilty and stressed that we hadn't found his apt. yet. It turned out we had gone to an "avenue" instead of a "boulevard" or something like that. Also, he let us have the room to ourselves (it was literally a dorm room) and he stayed in a friends room downstairs the second night (since he was working the first).
He was a really great guy. We spoke some Arabic together! My Arabic is a disaster, but he said I have a cute American accent.
No comments:
Post a Comment