Hola! Our trip to Extremadura was a fortnight ago! I'm so bad at keeping these up to date. It's already Semana Santa (holy week/spring break), I am not traveling to far away lands though b/c the rents are coming--and I am really excited to see them! We will be doing a few trips around Madrid to places I haven't been yet either and that are very noteworthy, beautiful, etc.
Anyway, Extremadura is one of the 17 autonomies in Spain. The whole WIPT group went (minus a few lame-os, jk jk but really why would you not go! it was great!) which is about 100 of us. It contrasted greatly to the other trip we took with a huge group of Americans (to carnaval). They were all quite well behaved (but then again we weren't going to carnaval). We visited 3 cities in two days---yeah, it was a lot, but I wasn't in charge and just went where I was told, so it was super! We went to Mérida on to stay in Cáceres for the night and then to Trujillo en route to Madrid. Though these are less popular tourist destinations in Spain, they were amazing, especially Trujillo. It just so happened there was a medieval festival the day we were there, so we ate good food, saw silly people in costumes, and poor Ben was volunteered against his will to be dressed in armor (Paula was the culprit--not me!) but he was a good sport. Trujillo was also in the country-ish and it was absolutely breathtaking with the winds blowing through green rolling hills, and grassy ruins.
Also, Burt came along on the trip with his friends Clarence.
Extremadura is also filled with cranes, so you will see some very nice crane pics. BTW Ben took these photos (for the most part) He has been on camera withdrawal since his broke and I get bored sometimes taking pics...
UM, I LOOOOVEEEE the outfit Laur! Esp. the red shoes. :)
ReplyDelete