Sunday, October 17, 2010

Aullidos






Hola guapos! So I have done a lot since the last time I wrote. For starters we had an extended two weekends ago, so we went to the parade that was going on. It was mostly military and we couldn't see anything. The most exciting part was the end when government officials started driving past in their cars to wave. At first I though the crowd was excited and happy, then I saw people whipping the bird to the cars as they went by. They were excited--not happy. It was like a well controlled riot. People just wanted to express their opinions and they sure did!

This past weekend I went to a play that my theater professor recommended "aullidos". It was a show done with life size puppets that were very realistic. It was weird and AWESOME!

Ben and I also took a day trip to Arajuez on Saturday, a city just outside Madrid that has a palace and gardens. It used to be a royal get away. I couldn't take pictures inside, which is a shame because there was a porcelain room that was really impressive. The walls were covered with porcelain figurines and decoration. There was also a BA smoking room in an arab styling.

I included a pic of the fly-by during the parade, and some in arajuez.

No comments:

Post a Comment