Monday, June 14, 2010

poop jug

I spent the last week at home with the family. I really love seeing my family and I love them all very very much. I spent time with all four of my grandparents and am really glad I did. Most the time I was with my mother's parents.

My grandfather is dying of cancer. It was gone and now it's back and he is choosing not to treat it. My grandma, who was already quite a...character is now even more of a basket case which I believe is her coping mechanism. Though there is a lot of sadness in my family, that is not the interesting part. The crazy is the interesting part. Though it is my grandmother who is the overflowing well of crazy it is my grandfather that coined the charming phrase "poop jug". A side affect of one of the meds he is on, (so he is being partially treated or at least treated for something) is constipation. My mom found this juice that she swears by to "regulate" the system and gave some to my grandfather. This is, of course where the "poop jug" comes from.
He couldn't leave with out his "poop jug". John claims that he said if the juice didn't work he was going to "go in with a drill". Yikes, my poor grandpa!

I said I would come visit them this weekend too, so that means another LONG car ride. We are going to watch a movie together (probably "Singing in the Rain"). I hope he is up to it.

Also, the juice worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment