Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Who Nose?

It is my belief that very few people, if any, will read this blog and for that reason I will be blunt and honest. On the other hand I may lie but only because I refuse to recognize the truth. If I expect no one to read this, then why write a blog? Because everyone else does, so why not?

I will start with my nose. I recently got my nose pierced a little over a month ago. It has caused me to develop a bad habit. I am now a shameless nose picker. Before my nose piercing, yes I would pick, but very discretely and almost always with a tissue. Hand washing was always to follow a picking especially if a tissue had not been utilized. Now you can find me walking down the street finger up the nose digging as though my life depended on it. Typically though, I am not walking down the street while I pick my nose, but sitting on my front porch. This means I have a much smaller chance of being caught and can quickly remove my finger if I see people coming down the street. It also means my roommate is subjected to me talking about my boogers. My picking is an offense that my roommate believes should 1) Not be done or 2) at lest be done in the bathroom where there is little if no chance of witnesses.

If any of you have, or have had your nose pierced you may understand. Boogers get stuck in the piercing. I try to resist but by evening I usually have so much booger trapped in my nose that it is impossible to ignore the situation any longer. A nostril with a fresh piercing is sensitive and needs gentle persuasion to release it's boogers. This results in extended picking time. Though I can understand the somewhat repulsiveness of my new habit, the relief is too complete for me to give it up any time soon. I do try though, to take into consideration the feelings of others and be as discreet as my shamelessness and justified feelings allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment