Every Sunday in Madrid there is a GIANT flee market called 'El Rastro'. All the streets are flooded with people. It is known for finding treasures among the rough and for getting pick pocketed. Neither of which I did today. I actually didn't buy anything. I figured it was best to just look the first day, but I am definitely going back next weekend (with Marla Brown, because she will be visiting!) and buying some scarves for a euro and maybe a funky dress. There were a lot of cool clothes there. I've included a lot of pictures from El Rastro, I think this will help you get a better idea of what it is. Also, while walking around we found a very interesting public pool. It had a very hippy feel and was constructed sort of like a rats-nest out of 2x4s. There were little kids swimming in underpants and hippies doing yoga. I really liked it. We also stopped by the Plaza Mayor for a break because our feet were so tired!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
El Rastro
Every Sunday in Madrid there is a GIANT flee market called 'El Rastro'. All the streets are flooded with people. It is known for finding treasures among the rough and for getting pick pocketed. Neither of which I did today. I actually didn't buy anything. I figured it was best to just look the first day, but I am definitely going back next weekend (with Marla Brown, because she will be visiting!) and buying some scarves for a euro and maybe a funky dress. There were a lot of cool clothes there. I've included a lot of pictures from El Rastro, I think this will help you get a better idea of what it is. Also, while walking around we found a very interesting public pool. It had a very hippy feel and was constructed sort of like a rats-nest out of 2x4s. There were little kids swimming in underpants and hippies doing yoga. I really liked it. We also stopped by the Plaza Mayor for a break because our feet were so tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment