Wednesday, September 1, 2010

lost in translation

Today after an orientation about academics we had the afternoon free to walk around the city. We went looking for phones and when we finally got to the phone store we had been searching for FOREVER they only had one of the phones left and there were 4 of us. So, I do not have a phone and I NEED to get one. This is priority #1 tomorrow.

We went to this giant department store today called Cortes Inglesia which is like a huge mall, but it's one store. We had to ask for lots of directions and we had no idea what was going on a lot of the time. In el Cortes Inglesia there is a grocery store (because there is everything) but to take bags into the grocery store you either have to leave them at a counter or seal them into another bag. I have included photos of this machine and of the result. ( in the photo is Kristin). When the man, employee, explained this to us we were very confused (in spanish of course) but he helped us with the machine, because this was so strange to us.

There are also some pics of Plaza del Sol, which we came upon during our walk.

ok, pictures to be loaded soon. It is 2am and I want to go to bed. they will be the only thing in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment