I think I spent 8 hours today walking. We left at 12:30 and got back at 9:00p. The only sitting I did was on the Metro. We have been searching for the perfect apartments which means most of the 8 hours I was walking, we were lost. Madrid is not in nice little quadrants. Mainly it is twisty and curvy. I still haven't found an apartment. I toured one today but it was a no go. I have an appointment for Monday. Making the phone calls in Spanish has turned out to be quite interesting. I spend most my day (on and off the phone) feeling stupid. It will not defeat me though. I know everything will be ok and we will learn.
I am speaking too much english. It is like a security blanket. It's easy, and doesn't make my brain hurt-seriously. It's like doing math problems and trying to hold a conversion. Tomorrow is the trip to Segovia. I am excited.
I am getting used to the eating schedule here. I kind of like it. it is 10:30 right now and I just got done with dinner. Weird, right?
I still can't get pics to load, sorry. I haven't really been taking many though.
No comments:
Post a Comment