The past two days have been very exciting. Yesterday was Segovia. It was beautiful. The city was quiet and the streets felt so European. I loved it. I wish a could look for an apartment there and commute everyday, which apparently some people do. Still no photos though because I can't get them to load.
Today was the first day of class. I have been placed in the most remedial level of three. These are what I am using to console myself 1) I went to bed at 12p and woke up at 7a. 2) I have not completed very much of my Spanish major, so others probably do know more than me. 3) I have been accidentally placed into the wrong course. The truth is that I really probably should be in this level. My Spanish needs a lot of work. I speak with a TERRIBLE american accent here because speaking in spanish takes so much energy I don't care about pronouncing things authentically.
Kristen (New AMERICAN friend) and I have been looking at lot of pisos (apartments) together. This task, as I am sure I have mentioned, is overwhelming. Now that classes have started it is even worse. We have spent so much time wondering around madrid with a stupid look on our face, paging desperately through our callejero (street guide with maps, it's actually the best thing ever) trying to make appointments on time.
While on the phone to make an appointment lots of times the spaniards have to do one or all of the following 1)ask if I'm still on the line because they will just have finished saying something and I didn't understand so have not replied 2) repeat themselves 20+ times 3)attempt to explain it horribly in english
It is kind of horrible, but also kind of fun and hilarious. Wish me luck in finding the best piso ever! (aka renovated, clean, nice barrio, cool spanish roomies, not too expensive. it that too much to ask?)
No comments:
Post a Comment